Our Newest Family Member!

Our Newest Family Member!
Here is our new guy!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Travelin, Travelin Man

Hi there! I just wanted to pop in and check in on everyone! We are here in Hilton Head and I am having a blast! My daddy and Opa are golfing right now, so I don't have any pictures to upload because Hopsing took the camera to the course with him, but I will try to get some up later today of all my newest escapades. I am excited to say that I did FANTASTIC on my plane ride. I was asleep in my sling while boarding, and woke up as we were taxiing down the runway. I drank a tiny bit of water through a straw while ascending and descending, but other than that it was mostly uneventful. I was a really good boy considering I had no afternoon nap and we didn't land in Savannah until 9:30. Meltdown occurred around 11:00 on the drive to Hilton Head in the ram shackled car seat the rental agency doles out! We aren't real sure how that meets ANY safety standards and are wondering why we even have it, but that is the only glitch in the trip so far!!
Saturday we went out and about after my morning nap to do some checking in at the resort (since we got in so late) to get our pool passes and workout room cards and check into renting bikes and tennis equipment! Then we went to the lighthouse on the island, had lunch, walked on the pier, looked at the boats in the marina, went to some cockamamie time share schpiel (but it got dad and Opa free green fees for the week, so for 45 minutes, not that bad). By the time we got all that done, it was almost time for the Final Four to start and I was punch drunk tired because...yep...you can guess the next line...I didn't nap all day!
Yesterday morning after breakfast we walked down to the beach and I got to stand/walk in the sand and surf. I sure do see why my mom is in love with the beach. I found it pretty dang cool. I was a hit on the shore with folks passing by. We got some decent pics, but I was in my jammies and onsie, so we will have to get more with me in my suit and actually playing. The water was cold though...my feet turned red like I was icing them down. Then, home for my morning nap that I did NOT want to take..but thank goodness they made me because...again, fill in the typical statement...it was the ONLY nap I took that day. Next, we drove back into Savannah for the trolley tour and spent the day there. I wore my Payne Stewart hat and was the hit of the town. We saw an amazing church, cool cemeteries, I got to pet a big horse. The town was really cool it reminded everyone as a cross between Boston and Nantuckett...both places I'd like to see...hint hint mom and dad. After we all ate a very late lunch, I was about done for the day. We loaded up and I slept in the car for about 20 minutes...ah, sweet short slumber. Then immediately home to bath and bed!
Not sure what today holds, but I will fill ya in as soon as I catch a break in the action...I will also con daddy into putting up a couple pics that highlight the days!

No comments: