Our Newest Family Member!

Our Newest Family Member!
Here is our new guy!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ups and Downs

This was a busy weekend for us. We are still trying to frantically sort through baby stuff and my stuff and organize for my brother. This weekend we got new bedding for my new room, bought paint and trim work for the room and took down the guest bed. Dad also put my new little IKEA table and chairs together and I have been loving it.


This week we are hoping to paint the trim and maybe even get my new furniture put together...now that we know we won't have any over night guests anymore, and the main goal is to get my room ready by the first of November so I can adjust a bit to the newness of it all before my brother comes!
Monday morning after I played with my new table and chair set for a bit we took Ched for her walk like always. We came in the front and I must have tripped myself on my own jammies because I biffed it pretty hard on the aggregate concrete. I am pretty dang tough, I only cried for like 30 seconds...but here is the end result of that.

We all agree that I am pretty lucky to have gone 16 months without any major facial collisions. It is really already looking much better!
This morning I went to my church music class and then this afternoon mom and I went to a local free pumpkin patch. We had a pretty good time. We were going to meet Mrs. Rogers and Grant, but his nap wasn't quite working out, so we went just the two of us. I got a tiny kooky looking pumpkin that I picked out on my own (I also forgot to tell you that I PICKED OUT MY NEW BEDDING) and mom got a nicely shaped one for dad to carve with me. I think she just really wanted to get one to get the seeds out to roast! They had a Hay Maze that I got to run through and I did pretty darn good. I enjoyed running around from pumpkin to pumpkin trying to pick them all up. So here are a few shots of the afternoon.





1 comment:

Mama Relle said...

You poor thing....darn that concrete...probably not the last injury-boys will be boys. Aquaphor is our answer to everything.....lather it on to help it heal quickly.