Our Newest Family Member!

Our Newest Family Member!
Here is our new guy!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Don't know if we are coming or going!

Well, it was a crazy week trying to catch up with life. Dad was back in the swing of work and tutoring and me and mom were just trying to keep up with him. Friday I woke up real snotty and we think I am back to the teething grind...either that or I am catching ANOTHER small cold. Seems like it is teething though since I am inconsolable on some things lately. In the mornings, I like to sit on moms bed and snack on some cherios...lately, since I have been getting up super early, she has let me watch TV. Of course, my trusted friend is always by my side!

I am still sleeping well at night, so mom and dad aren't complaining too much. Dad had a playoff game Friday, then again Sunday and again tonight. I had a birthday party to go to on Saturday, then I helped dad wash his new bike

then mom and dad went out to dinner to catch up with each other!! Sunday we went to Oma and Opa's for dinner and Grandma came...it was sorta a going away lunch with the whole family in town. So we have been non-stop. Today dad worked from home and I got to see him a bit more than usual...which was a lot of fun. God is good to keep him close on days like today. We did get to pick up a couple things from IKEA for me. I got a table and chairs that I can do artsy stuff on and eat lunch at too. It was super cheap, but mom and dad figure I won't take great care of it anyway...nor will my brother in all likelihood. However, it was necessary because I am quite the climbing monkey lately and try to climb up to the table on the high chairs. Mom seems to think if I have my own table and my own space, I may not try to reach new heights...she is probably clueless...but convinced it is going to help. For 25.00 she is willing to be wrong! We also got a storage cubbie bench type deal for the mud room to help organize it. We are rearranging the playroom upstairs and trying to get organized for a bit before my brother comes along.
After that, mom and I went to the Plano library to pick up a toddler art book she put on hold for me to do more stuff when we are stuck close to home with my brother. On the way home, we were driving and it sounded like our car got hit by a brick and instantly the window shattered. We were very glad that dad was right up the road to come pick me and Cheddar up so mom could talk to the police. It was a crazy day...then mom, dad, and Cheddar all found themselves being attacked by fire ants at the same time...Ched got the worst of it all, but we all came home and doped up on Benedryl! I came out completely unscathed which we were all VERY thankful for.
Here is what her car window looks like now...it is really quite funny to watch my fat full on pregnant mom climb in and out of the passenger side of the car because if she TOUCHES that driver door, the whole window will fall out!!! She doesn't find it amusing, but I laughed at her!

1 comment:

Mama Relle said...

Scary about the window...glad everyone is alright! Sounds like ya'll had quite a day.