Our Newest Family Member!

Our Newest Family Member!
Here is our new guy!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

5 Months YESTERDAY!


Hi guys! I still haven't taken my 5month picture with my monkey from Aunt Marcy yet...but will this week. I also forgot to mention to you guys some stuff going on...so I will do that now and update pictures later this week.
Well, here is what I have going on in my life lately:
1) I am starting to find Cheddar VERY interesting. I grab her by the neck and smack her nose...she licks me ALL the time. I have started giggling at her when she comes near and turn my head anticipating the slobbery kisses. She is really fun and I can see why mom and dad keep telling me she is going to be my best friend. Whenever I topple over or get upset it is Ched to the rescue. After she licks me a bit she goes off to get mom to help me out. She's pretty cool. (Cheddar, not mom)
2) I have started sampling what you guys call real food. I am so very interested in it all the time. Daddy feels really guilty eating in front of me...I am sure I can parlay that to my benefit in the future; but for now, mom is quite the buzz kill on that. BUT...I am now allowed to sit in my high chair at the table during meals and I get to sample some stuff. I do not have any sort of tongue thrust so I am sure that it is time for me to start gettin busy on that food stuff. Some of the stuff I have tried and really like are: peaches, bananas, potatoes, and avocados. Mom gave me some pears this am and it was really too tart for my liking, I gagged a couple times. I am sure there are more of those on the horizon so I better suck it up. I did eat from a spoon this morning and it went okay...it still is more effective for mom and dad to shove it in my mouth on their fingers since my bites are so tiny still.
3) teething saga continues...I look like a duck 8 of my 10 waking hours and even in my sleep they say.
4) I laugh all the time now...I think mom and dad are hilarious. I particularly like hearing long u sounds like : LUKE of course, and MOOO, and Moose, and I am also a fan of most any animal noise mom can make. They think they are rock stars right now because of how entertained I am...little do they know how short lived that will be!
5) I sit up all the time now. I occasionally have tummy time, but mom is not too worried about it. Folks think I should start practicing crawling, but my mom is crafty. She doesn't really want to rush in the days of chasing me around, she is content to put me down and know where I am at all times right now. I am really strong and doing exactly what I should be, so I am not too worried either.
Alright, I must go nap so I look good for my pictures...I will try to find a funny one to tide ya over til I can get my 5 month one done!
Happy day and happy thanksgiving.

No comments: