Our Newest Family Member!

Our Newest Family Member!
Here is our new guy!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

9 months!




WoW! I can not believe my life is so old already. On one hand I feel like I am brand new, but the other one makes me feel so old! I went to the doctor this am for my check up. Dr. Bain said I am in GREAT health and I got a clean bill of health. We talked a lot about eating and what we can start now. Get this, I can eat just about anything I want with a few exceptions of nuts and strawberries. She said I can start eating everything mom and dad eat with no worries on anything other than size of bites! That is very exciting for mom...it seems she may have just made her last batch of my baby food on Monday! Right now she is starting some refried beans for us to have today. I also found out that I need to be eating 3 meals a day, with 1-2 snacks...she also gave us some good ideas on snacks and our upcoming trip. I also only need to nurse 3-4 times a day and can start drinking more water to fill me up. So...this looks like the beginning of the end of life as I knew it. I am excited about that. This is exceptionally good news form Oma and Opa because it means when we go on our vacation in a couple weeks, neither of them will need to learn how to lactate while mom and dad go into Augusta for the day of the tournament!!!

BUT, get this...I got my first polio vaccine today and DIDN'T EVEN CRY during my shot. Guess I may have gotten that from my mom along with my eyes! Everyone in the office was really impressed; to the point where one nurse asked if I decided against the shot!!! Boy o boy, I am getting tough. Guess dad telling me to "rub some dirt on it" has paid off. Get ready Stars, I am gonna hit that ice running and maybe be the new Shane Churla (but will probably only be the size of Todd Harvey).
I was in the 25th % for height...up from 17%. I am now in the 17% of head circumference...up from 6%. However, I am now only in the 8% for weight. I got some eatin to do for sure...but I have already tripled my birthweight almost and if you know my dad's family...we ain't breaking any records there!

I am off to my nap to relish in the new lease on life! WOW, it kinda sounds like I might like eating as much as mom does!!!
Have a great day.

No comments: